This healthy Vietnamese noodle soup enjoys a rich base of beef broth, complemented by ginger, star anise, and basil. The garnishes also are spectacular, from scallions and cilantro, to sirloin and pho noodles.
- fresh cilantro leaves
- green onions
- 4 cups (960 ml) beef broth
- ½ (65 g) medium onion, halved
- 1 Tablespoon fresh ginger root
- 1 teaspoon (3 g) salt, optional
- 1 star anise
- 2 Tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 Tablespoon dried basil
- Place beef broth, onion, ginger, salt, star anise, fish sauce, and basil into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Start machine, slowly increase to Variable 10, then to High.
- Blend for 5 minutes 35 seconds.
|Serving Size||1 cup (240 ml)|
|Amount Per Servings|