Sun-dried Tomato Hummus
The perfect accompaniment to chopped veggies or whole wheat crackers, this hummus uses sun-dried tomatoes, garlic, and fresh rosemary for a robust flavor.
- 2 (908 g) 16 oz. canned chickpeas, with liquid
- ¼ cup (35 g) sesame seeds
- 5 ounces (140 g) sun-dried tomatoes
- ½ lemon, peeled
- 2 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, optional
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 2 Tablespoons fresh rosemary
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt, optional
- Place all ingredients except sea salt into the Vitamix container and secure the lid.
- Start the blender on its lowest speed, then quickly increase to its highest speed.
- Blend for 30-45 seconds, using the tamper to press ingredients toward the blades. Season with sea salt if desired and serve immediately.
|Serving Size||1 serving (29 g)|
|Amount Per Servings|
Sun-dried Tomato Hummus is rated out of 5 by 4.
Rated 5 out of 5 by Hawaii David from Absolutely Delicious I just made this recipe. I used sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil rather than dried tomatoes after getting the answer to my question in the questions section. I held back some of the juice from the can of garbanzo beans and added it until I got the consistency that I wanted. I was excited to make this because I used to buy sun-dried tomato humus at Trader Joes. This is so much better.
Date published: 2016-08-10
Rated 4 out of 5 by Alana from So smooth! I bought my Vitamix about 3 weeks ago and wanted to try this recipe. It was good, but I increased the garlic, lemon juice and salt to my taste. Blended perfectly!
Date published: 2017-12-12
Rated 3 out of 5 by dejadru from Just ok I wanted to really like this--two of my favourite tastes together. To me it came out very salty. I will go back to the Vitamix plain hummus recipe
Date published: 2017-10-29
Rated 4 out of 5 by Jannie54321 from Easy to make Good taste. I think it would be amazing with basil also.
Date published: 2021-07-05