Zucchini Asparagus and Pea Soup
A creamy purée of asparagus, zucchini, and peas, with added flavour from basil, mint, and coriander.
- 3 cups (720 ml) chicken broth
- 8 spears asparagus, ends trimmed
- 5 (375 g) zucchini
- 1 cup (200 g) frozen peas
- ½ bunch fresh basil leaves
- ½ bunch fresh mint leaves
- ½ bunch (10 g) fresh cilantro leaves, leaves only
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Persian Feta, for garnish
- Place stock, asparagus, zucchini, peas, basil, mint and cilantro into the Vitamix Container in the order listed and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 10, then to High.
- Blend for 6-7 minutes, or until heavy steam escapes through the vented lid plug.
- Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Pour soup into individual bowls, and garnish wiht persian feta.
|Amount Per Servings|
Zucchini Asparagus and Pea Soup is rated out of 5 by 6.
Rated 2 out of 5 by BigM from Too minty! This soup has interesting ingredients and tastes appropriate to springtime. However, the amount of mint called for in this recipe completely overpowered all the other tastes. When I made this I only use a small stalk of mint. However, I would recommend limiting to 1-2 leaves and just use the mint as a condiment to top the soup.
Date published: 2017-05-06
Rated 2 out of 5 by Sealife from Haven’t made it yet What does “5 zucchini” mean? Zucchini comes in multiple sizes. Amount in cups would be helpful before I try this recipe. Txs
Date published: 2019-09-22
Rated 5 out of 5 by WorldTraveler from It’s all about your definition of “bunch” This is delicious - but make sure you understand how much is in a “bunch” before throwing handfuls of mint into your blender and giving it a 2 star review.
Date published: 2017-10-29
Rated 4 out of 5 by Ju5t1n from Love it but herbs are overpowering Delicious, but I suggest not putting the full amount of herbs into this soup the first time you make it. Start with half of each. As-written I give it 4 stars, with small adjustments 5 stars. You can substitute the feta for cashews, coconut milk/cream, or omit to make it vegan.
Date published: 2020-12-06
Rated 1 out of 5 by GML218 from Haven't Mad It Yet The ingredients call for cilantro; but the recipe says coriander. You need to fix this.
Date published: 2018-06-19
Rated 4 out of 5 by Jeremy6218 from Soup setting Can I just put all ingredients in as per the instructions and just use my vitamix soup setting?
Date published: 2021-01-10
Due to inactivity, your session has timed out and is no longer active.Reload the page