Caramelized Orange Pavlova with Blood Orange Curd
This flavorful citrus dessert is an elegant way to end any meal.
- 3 large eggs, or egg substitute
- ⅔ cup (135 g) granulated sugar
- 1 blood orange, zested and juiced
- ¼ cup unsalted butter
- For the orange curd, place the eggs, granulated sugar, orange juice and zest to the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure the lid.
- Select Variable 1, start the machine and slowly increase to its highest speed.
- Blend for 5 minutes. Reduce the speed to Variable 1, remove the lid plug and add the chilled butter.
- Blend for 15 seconds or until butter is incorporated.
- Transfer the mixture to a bowl, cover and chill until set (about 4 hours).
- 1¼ cup (300 ml) heavy cream
- ½ cup (60 g) powdered sugar
- For the whipped cream, place the heavy cream and powdered sugar into the Vitamix container and secure the lid.
- Select Variable 2 and start the machine. Blend for about 45 seconds or until the mixture has achieved soft peaks.
Caramelized Blood Oranges
- 2 blood oranges, peeled and segmented
- ½ cup (100 g) pistachios
- 1 sprig thyme
- To make the caramelized blood oranges, place the segments onto a baking sheet and dust with powdered sugar.
- Place the baking sheet under the broiler of the oven and broil until the sugar starts to caramelize.
- To assemble, place the meringue nest on a plate and distribute the cream and then the curd mixture evenly over the center of the nests.
- Garnish with the orange segment, pistachios and thyme leaves.
Meringue nests are purchased.
|Serving Size||1 serving|
|Amount Per Servings|
Caramelized Orange Pavlova with Blood Orange Curd is rated out of 5 by 2.
Rated 1 out of 5 by sobsister from Missing meringue recipe?! Not sure where the meringue part of the recipe went. Duh!
Date published: 2018-12-24
Rated 1 out of 5 by Lourdes C from FALTA RECETA MERENGUE La receta del merengue sigue pendiente desde 2 años atrás.
Date published: 2020-07-27