Chicharrones En Salsa Verde
Try this traditional Mexican recipe as part of their Independence Day celebrations on September 16th!
- 10 ounces (275 g) pork rinds, cut into bit size pieces
- 2 pounds (900 g) tomatillos
- 4 jalapeños
- ½ (65 g) medium onion, halved
- ½ bunch fresh cilantro leaves
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon (3 g) salt, optional
- 1 chicken bouillon cube
- Place 8 cups of water in a large pot and bring to a boil. Once boiling, place the tomatillos and jalapenos in the water. Blanch for 12-15 minutes, or until the vegetables are softened.
- Once finished cooking, remove to the Vitamix container and add the white onion, cilantro, garlic powder, salt and bouillon cube. Secure the lid.
- Select variable 1 and start the machine. Quickly move up to variable 10 and blend for 30 seconds, or to your desired consistency. Stop the machine, and pour the salsa verde into a deep sauté pan.
- Heat the salsa over medium heat, and add the chicharrones. Cook until softened, about 15-20 minutes and serve over rice or with tortilla.
|Serving Size||1 serving|
|Amount Per Servings|