Glutinous Filled Red Date
Red dates are stuffed with glutinous rice cake and steamed for a healthy, Chinese dessert.
- 24 red dates
- 2 cups (300 g) glutinous rice powder
- 1 cup (90 g) sugar cubes
- 2 Tablespoons sweet osmanthus syrup
- 4 cups (960 ml) water, warm
- Soak the red dates in water for 30 minutes.
- Drain the dates. Cut open one side of the date and remove the pit.
- Add the glutinous rice powder and 240 ml of warm water to the Vitamix container andsecure the lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Start the machine and gradually increase speed to Variable 5.* Blend for approximately 30seconds to make a dough.
- Fill the red dates with rice dough. Steam for 15 minutes.
- Place sugar cubes, sweet osmanthus syrup, and 600 ml of water into a pan and heat overmedium heat until the sugar dissolves and the mixture is slightly reduced.
- Place the red dates in the syrup and allow to soak for 30 seconds. Remove dates to a plate,spoon syrup over top, and serve.
*If you are using a G series machine please decrease speed to Variable 3.
|Serving Size||1 date|
|Amount Per Servings|