Kale and Basil Pesto
This vibrant blend of kale and basil is perfect on any pasta.
- 1 cup (240 ml) olive oil
- 1 cup (120 g) grated Parmesan cheese
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled
- 2 cups (80 g) fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 2 cups (60 g) kale
- 3 Tablespoons pine nuts
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ground black pepper, to taste
- Place all ingredients into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Switch machine to Start and slowly increase speed to Variable 10.
- Blend for 40 seconds.
|Serving Size||2 Tablespoons (30 ml)|
|Amount Per Servings|
Kale and Basil Pesto is rated out of 5 by 1.
Rated 5 out of 5 by climbingwendle from It was great, the whole family loved it easy & quick. If basil is not plentiful this is a great alternative and I bet most would not even notice the kale (over just traditional basil). We used almonds when I found no pine nuts in the pantry-Again, did not taste a difference from traditional pesto. Delicious.We added tomatoes and rigatoni.
Date published: 2019-12-28