Nacho Basic Queso
You'll want to get your chips soaked in this deceivingly seductive oil-free, vegan queso. Made from blender to bowl, quicker than you think.
- 2 cups dry-roasted cashews, oil-free, unsalted
- ¼ cup (30 g) nutritional yeast
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 teaspoon pickled jalapeño slices with a splash of the jalapeño pickle juice, (more or less if you're a baby)
- ½ cup filtered water
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper, (more or less...)
- ½ teaspoon turmeric powder
- ½ teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- In a VitaMix or high powered blender, blend all ingredients together on high until smooth and creamy. If you keep your blender on high for 2 minutes, it should warm up your sauce hot enough so that you can poor directly into serving bowl and eat heated! Top with fresh jalapeños and cilantro.
Make a "lighter" low-fat version by subbing 1 cup of cashews from this serving with either 1/2 block firm tofu, 1/2 cup cooked potato, 1/2 cup cooked butternut or kambocha squash. Serve with stone ground whole grain chips, fresh veggies, or fresh sliced jicama for a lighter version. Top with fresh jalapeños, cilantro and ground red chili flakes.
|Amount Per Servings|