Pickled Vegetable Slaw
Pickling. It’s like a magical process that elevates flavor profiles to even greater deliciousness. This quick-and-easy recipe is proof of that. For extra zing, add some spices of your choice, such as curry, dill, anise, or cinnamon.
- ¼ cup (50 g) sugar
- 1 cup (240 ml) rice wine vinegar
- 1 cup (240 ml) white wine vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons salt
- 2 cups (250 g) peeled and julienned daikon
- 1 cup (100 g) unpeeled and julienned carrot
- ½ unpeeled cucumber, julienned
- Place sugar, rice wine vinegar, white wine vinegar, and salt into your Vitamix container in the order listed and secure the lid.
- Select the lowest setting or the Hot Soups program (if available). Start the machine, slowly increase to its highest speed, and blend for 5 minutes to 5 minutes 45 seconds; or start the machine and allow the Hot Soups program to complete. Stop the machine.
- Toss the daikon, carrot, and cucumber together in a nonreactive bowl. Carefully pour the hot pickling liquid over the vegetables. Cover and let pickle at room temperature for at least 6 hours before serving.
This colorful, crunchy slaw makes a showstopping sandwich topper or side to a BBQ brisket.
|Serving Size||¼ cup (70 g)|
|Amount Per Servings|