Radish and Kimchi Soup
- 3 cups (350 g) chopped white radish
- 3 cups (720 ml) water, boiled and cooled
- 1 cup (230 g) chopped tofu
- 1 cup (140 g) chopped white fish meat
- 1 Tablespoon dried seaweed
- ½ cup (75 g) kimchi
- salt, to taste
- Place the radish and water into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 10, then to High.
- Blend for 20 seconds.
- Pour the broth into a medium-size saucepan and add tofu, fish, and seaweed. Bring it to a boil.
- When the soup is boiling, add the kimchi. Bring to a boil again, flavor with salt. Serve when it is hot.
|Serving Size||1 cup (240 ml)|
|Amount Per Servings|
Radish and Kimchi Soup is rated out of 5 by 2.
Rated 5 out of 5 by SheilaH from Love it! Simpler than directions: don’t bother to heat the water first. Process radish 20 secs, pour in pan and skim off foam as it cooks, fish will create foam too. Basically you are poaching the fish and tofu in seaweed flavored radish blended water adding kim chi to heat through at the end. I was skeptical of the seaweed but when all combined it’s nice. I used triple the fish, dropping large frozen cod loins in the kettle. Once the kim chi was in I let it steep as I was making lunches for myself for the week, flaked the fish into bite size and snipped the large veg as well. It is a really nice soup, and my coworkers said it smelt great!
Date published: 2019-09-27
Rated 1 out of 5 by pineapplesuns from Lacked body and complexity I normally like to layer my flavors and textures so I felt like there was something missing from the recipe. Perhaps some garlic, onion, miso, fish sauce, dried anchovy, or msg or even using chicken broth instead of water was needed to round out everything? I did end up adding some rehydrated dried shiitake mushrooms and I felt like that helped things a little. Also, I don't understand why the water needs to be boiled and then cooled? I omitted the extra step
Date published: 2020-12-26