Raw Vegan Gluten-Free Mango Mousse Tart
Try this delicious and creamy fresh mango tart. The best part is that you don't need to bake.
raw dough for pie crust
- 1 cup raw sunflower seeds, or unsalted raw almonds, cashews, walnuts or brazil-soaked for a couple hours and drained
- 1 cup dry oats, or cooked quinoa, coconut flakes or more nuts/seeds
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoons stevia powder, optional if you want more sweet
- splash of water
- In a Vitamix, pulse together sunflower seeds (or nuts of choice), oats, cinnamon, dates, stevia powder together to make "dough".
- You may have to add a couple splashes of water just to get the motor running, but don't drown it (you want to keep it more like raw cookie dough!).
- Scoop dough out into a pie crust and press down with hands.
- Place in freezer to set for a little bit.
- 1/2 block organic tofu
- 1/2 cups raw cashews, rinsed and soaked for couple hours and drained (or coconut flakes)
- 1/4 cups maple syrup, or date syrup
- 1 bag frozen mango chunks, about 2 cups
- 1 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper, optional if you want a kick of spice!
- Meanwhile, blend tofu, cashews, date syrup, mango chunks and optional cayenne pepper together until smooth.
- Poor mango cream into pie tart shell and freeze for an hour to set. Defrost like ice cream cake prior to serving and store in refrigerator.
- Freeze dried raspberries or fresh berries for garnish.
|Amount Per Servings|