Roasted Root Vegetable Soup
Cold days call for a soup that showcases winter’s bountiful harvest. In-season vegetables such as turnips, carrots, and celery combine with our Winter Spice Seasoning for a warm, filling meal.
- 1 cup (120 g) carrots, rough cut
- 1¼ cup (120 g) turnip, rough cut (rutabaga, parsnips, or similar root vegetables can be substituted)
- 3 Tablespoons onion, rough cut
- 1 cup (135 g) celery, rough cut
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- 1 teaspoon Winter Spice Seasoning
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- ½ jalapeño
- 2 Tablespoons lime zest
- 2 Tablespoons lime juice
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3 cups (720 ml) vegetable broth
- 2 plum tomatoes
- 1 cup (70 g) kale
- ½ bunch fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 16 oz. can of (1 475 ml can of) hominy, divided
- Preheat oven to 425°F (220°C).
- Combine carrot, turnip, onion, celery, jalapeno, garlic, Winter Spice Seasoning, and oil together in a mixing bowl and toss to coat.
- Spread out evenly on a foil lined sheet tray and bake 30-40 minutes. Once roasted, reserve 1 cup and set aside.
- Place stock, remaining roasted vegetables, salt and pepper, ½ can of hominy into the Vitamix container and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1 or the Hot Soup program.
- Start the machine, slowly increase to its highest speed, blend for 5 minutes 45 seconds or allow machine to complete programmed cycle.
- Remove lid and add tomatoes, kale, cilantro, remaining ½ can hominy and 1 cup roasted vegetables to the container. Secure the lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Start the machine and blend for an additional 5 seconds to incorporate.
Garbanzo beans can be used in place of hominy, if desired.
|Serving Size||1 cup (240 ml)|
|Amount Per Servings|