Super Green Vegan Cilantro Pesto
With this recipe you will not stop preparing pesto for your dinner.
- 5-7 cloves garlic
- 1/4 cups blanched almonds or raw cashews, can sub with pumpkin seeds or sunflower seeds if you can't eat nuts
- 2 cups cilantro, or basil
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 2 small limes, juiced
- 2 Tablespoons green onion
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon olive oil
- splash of water
- In a VitaMix or food processor, pulse all ingredients together until smooth. Be careful not to cream or over blend into juice, so PULSE, PULSE, PULSE!
- Serve with zucchini noodles and roasted tomatoes, or whatever you like! It also makes a great dip for bread, crackers, or pizza spread topping.
If you are the type that does not like cilantro, you can sub cilantro for basil for a more traditional pesto.
|Amount Per Servings|