Asian Pesto Sauce
Zesty orange, chili sauce, and ginger are just a few of the ingredients that transform ordinary pesto into an Asian-inspired sauce.
- 2 (180 g) small oranges, peeled
- ¼ cup (60 ml) rice wine vinegar
- ¼ cup (60 ml) dark sesame oil
- 2 Tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 2 Tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 2 teaspoons Asian chili sauce
- 4 cups (120 g) fresh spinach
- ½ cup (20 g) fresh cilantro leaves
- 16 fresh basil leaves
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 (20 g) fresh ginger root, 1" thick
- 2 strips orange peel
- With a peeler or paring knife, remove the peel and white pith from the orange, leaving just the flesh and reserving 1 strip of zest.
- Place all ingredients into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure the lid.
- Start the blender on its lowest speed, then quickly increase to its highest speed, using the tamper to press ingredients toward the blades.
- Blend for 15-20 seconds or until desired consistency is reached.
|Serving Size||1 serving (69 g)|
|Amount Per Servings|
|Total Fat||7 g|
|Saturated Fat||1 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||7 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|
Due to inactivity, your session has timed out and is no longer active.Reload the page