Beetroot Sauce with Roasted Vegetables
A vegetable-based sauce for drizzling over roasted vegetables or rice.
- 2 Tablespoons (30 ml) extra virgin olive oil, optional
- ¾ cup (100 g) beets, quartered
- 1 Tablespoon fresh ginger root
- 1½ cup (360 ml) vegetable broth
- 2½ Tablespoon (25 g) whole wheat flour
- 1 Tablespoon red wine vinegar
- ½ teaspoon granulated sugar
- In a small saucepan, add the olive oil, beet, and ginger. Cook over medium heat for 2 minutes. Stir in the whole wheat flour and cook for 1 minute.
- Add the vegetable broth to the pan. Bring to a boil, and simmer until the beets are tender, about 20 to 30 minutes.
- Place ingredients from the saucepan, vinegar, and sugar into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 10, then to High.
- Blend for 30 seconds.
Serve over assorted roasted vegetables.
|Serving Size||1 serving|
|Amount Per Servings|