Blackberry Five Spice Sauce
This sweet-and-spicy Asian sauce is delicious with grilled pork tenderloin, chicken or duck.
- ¼ cup (60 ml) apple cider vinegar
- 3 cups (420 g) blackberries
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon Chinese five-spice powder
- 1 teaspoon whole black peppercorns
- 3 Tablespoons (60 g) date syrup, or honey, or taste
- ½ cup (120 ml) olive oil
- Place vinegar, blackberries, cinnamon, five-spice powder, peppercorns, and date syrup into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure the lid.
- Start the blender on its lowest speed, then quickly increase to its highest speed.
- Blend for 4-5 minutes, using the tamper to press ingredients toward the blades.
- Reduce speed to 3 and remove lid plug. Slowly pour oil into the container, allowing it to emulsify. Secure lid plug and blend an additional 10 seconds.
|Serving Size||1 servings (67 g)|
|Amount Per Servings|
|Total Fat||12 g|
|Saturated Fat||1.5 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||8 g|
|Dietary Fiber||2 g|
Blackberry Five Spice Sauce is rated out of 5 by 1.
Rated 3 out of 5 by ehridgeway from Nice change to the traditional. I made this for dinner tonight and served it with grilled pork loin chops. I used one 6oz. package of blackberries and one 6 oz package of red raspberries and went with 2/3 of the remaining ingredients. It made more than enough for the two of us, so the rest went into the freezer. I don't think I could have been as successful with just one package of berries with the 64 oz. container - just not enough volume. My one suggestion would be to brighten it up a little bit - perhaps with a little lemon or lime or possibly some aged balsamic. My husband and I like things on the sour side, and the addition might deliver the desired "pop".
Date published: 2020-05-19