Carrot and Raisin Muffins
Sweet raisins and carrots marry well in this snack-sized bite for a quick breakfast or afternoon tea.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C). Spray a 12 cup muffin tin with cooking spray or line with paper liners.
- Place flour, baking soda, and spices in a medium-size mixing bowl and stir lightly. Set aside.
- Place carrots into the Vitamix container and secure lid.
- Start the blender on its lowest speed, then quickly increase to Variable 6, using the tamper to press ingredients toward the blades
- Blend for 6-7 seconds until very finely chopped. Stop machine and remove lid.
- Add eggs, sugar and oil to the carrots in the Vitamix container and secure the lid.
- Start the blender on its lowest speed, then quickly increase to Variable 5, using the tamper to press ingredients toward the blades
- Blend for 30 seconds until thick and creamy.
- Pour carrot mixture into flour mixture with raisins and fold to combine. Spoon the mixture into the prepared muffin tin.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until golden brown. Transfer to a wire rack to cool, then serve.
These can be kept in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days or frozen for up to 1 month.
|Serving Size||1 muffin (78 g)|
|Amount Per Servings|
|Total Fat||13 g|
|Saturated Fat||2 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||37 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|