Cranberry Nut Bread
For this whole-wheat recipe, leave a strip of peel on the orange before placing it in the Vitamix container for an extra burst of citrus flavor.
- 1 cup (100 g) fresh cranberries
- 1 Large orange, peeled, halved
- 1 strip orange peel, or lemon peel,1 inch
- ¼ cup (60 ml) light olive oil
- 1 cup (200 g) granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt, optional
- 2 cups (240 g) whole wheat flour
- ½ cup (45 g) walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Lightly coat an 8 1/2 – inch x 4 1/2 – inch (22 cm x 11 cm) loaf pan with vegetable cooking spray or shortening.
- Place cranberries into the Vitamix container and secure lid.
- Select Variable 4. Pulse 3 or 4 times. Stop; scrape sides and replace lid. Pulse a few more times to coarse chop. Remove to small bowl.
- Place orange quarters, peel, oil, milk, sugar, egg, and vanilla into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Start the machine, slowly increase to its highest speed.
- Blend for 20 seconds.
- Combine baking powder, baking soda, salt, optional, and whole wheat flour in a large-size mixing bowl; stir well.
- Pour orange juice mixture into the dry ingredients, mixing by hand just until ingredients are moistened. Stir in chopped walnuts and cranberries; do not over mix.
- Spread the batter in the prepared loaf pan.
- Bake for 55 to 60 minutes or until a knife inserted into the center comes out clean. Cool on wire rack 30 minutes, then carefully remove from loaf pan and allow to cool completely before slicing.
|Serving Size||1 loaf|
|Amount Per Servings|
|Total Fat||14.15 g|
|Saturated Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||60.52 g|
|Dietary Fiber||5 g|
Cranberry Nut Bread is rated out of 5 by 8.
Rated 5 out of 5 by ValJuleo from LOVED IT ! This was my first recipe with my new Vitamix …I and no whole wheat flour but I replaced with almond flour…moist and not too sweet ! it was terrific ! I did it again.
Date published: 2015-12-20
Rated 5 out of 5 by Mommaof3 from Go-to Favorite quickbread recipe Love this bread. Quick, easy, good for you. A Whole Orange! I make this when I need to bring a snack and/or just for family. Everyone has loved it. They're shocked how easy it is to mix in a Vitamix and bake traditionally or as muffins.
Date published: 2016-10-25
Rated 5 out of 5 by Ladylaw121 from I Just Made an Eggless Version... I just replaced the egg with 1 Banana and I used 1 cup of monk fruit instead of sugar.... GUYS, it's even BETTER! You MUST try it! It's downright addictive.
Date published: 2018-09-25
Rated 5 out of 5 by Teach262 from Great as a holiday gift! Such an easy recipe. I made 2, one for my family and one as a gift for a neighbor. Super flavor and texture.
Date published: 2017-01-08
Rated 5 out of 5 by Ladylaw121 from DELICIOUS My whole family loves this recipe. I've even baked it and brought it to people's houses during the holidays and everyone loves it!
Date published: 2018-09-17
Rated 4 out of 5 by PaulaW from Great flavor We made this with almond flour (in the same amount) as we didn’t have any whole wheat flour. We also used a really large orange. This resulted in very soggy bread. We will try it again though with with a smaller orange and do some more research on the quantity of almond flour that should be used.
Date published: 2020-05-17
Rated 5 out of 5 by Corie from Love tasting orange flabor Recently bought my Vitamix to blend frozen smoothies. I love the opportunity to earn points baking stuff. Making the Cranberry Nut Bread look easy for my first try at making something other than smoothies. Easy for me and tasty, healthy bread for my family. I even gave a loaf to my neighbor.
Date published: 2020-04-29
Rated 1 out of 5 by Anonymous from Unclear directions What to do with crushed cranberry?? Poor directions
Date published: 2020-10-01