The holidays aren’t complete without these ginger-spiced favorites. Here’s a tip: make two batches and keep one hidden for yourself!
- 1 cup (120 g) whole wheat flour
- 1 cup (125 g) all-purpose flour
- 1 Tablespoon ground ginger
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon Winter Spice Seasoning
- 1 large egg
- ¼ cup (60 ml) molasses
- 1 cup (200 g) granulated sugar
- ¾ cup (165 g) butter, melted
- Heat the oven to 350°F (180°C).
- In a bowl, combine flours, ginger, baking soda, and Winter Spice Seasoning. Set aside.
- Place egg, molasses, sugar, and butter into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure the lid.
- Select Variable 1, start the machine, slowly increase to its highest speed, and blend for 15 seconds.
- Add the liquid mixture from the Vitamix container to the bowl with the dry ingredients and stir to incorporate. Chill the dough for 30 minutes.
- Using a spoon, scoop dough and roll into 1-inch balls between your hands. Place balls 2 inches apart on an ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes until the tops are rounded and slightly cracked.
|Serving Size||1 cookie|
|Amount Per Servings|
Gingersnap Cookies is rated out of 5 by 3.
Rated 3 out of 5 by KateMc from Not ideal for Vitamix I adore my Vitamix and have used one for over 23 years. But this recipe is not what a Vitamix is good for. Half of that sticky, egg-and-molasses mixture will adhere to the bottom and sides of the cannister and be wasted, and scraping it out will be a real pain. It is much more appropriate to use the Vitamix when there is more liquid in the recipe. When I make sauce for Indian dishes, for example, I reserve 2/3 of the water required for the recipe. I use 1/3 for the initial blend, pour out the mixture, scraping well. Then I rinse the Vitamix on high speed twice, each time using 1/3 of the reserved water, to remove every last bit of the delicious spices. Nothing is wasted.
Date published: 2019-12-10
Rated 5 out of 5 by Thicks from Easy, Tasty and can make ahead of time, bake later Really good and totally worth making the winter seasoning!
Date published: 2017-12-15
Rated 4 out of 5 by Sweetjenny from Ginger snaps These were very easy and everyone loved them! Will make them again
Date published: 2017-12-17