Greek Salad with Faux Feta
You can create an equally delicious, vegan alternative to feta cheese with cashews, dried herbs, and several other simple ingredients.
- 2 cups (280 g) roasted cashews
- 2 teaspoons sea salt, optional
- 3 fluidounces (90 ml) extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup (60 ml) fresh lemon juice
- 2 Tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons dried dill weed
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled
- Place fresh lemon juice, vinegar, olive oil, salt, oregano, dill, thyme, garlic, and cashews into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure the lid.
- Start the blender on its lowest speed, then quickly increase to Variable 8. Blend for 30 seconds, using the tamper to press ingredients toward the blades.
- Pour into a bowl or baking dish and place under refrigeration for 30 to 45 minutes. Break and crumble feta as desired.
- 8 (500 g) medium roma tomatoes, quartered
- 2 (400 g) medium english cucumber, thinly sliced
- 2 (230 g) small red onion, peeled, thinly sliced
- 1 cup (120 g) Kalamata olives
- To assemble the salad, arrange cucumber and tomatoes on a plate. Garnish with red onion, olives, and faux feta.
|Serving Size||1 serving (215 g)|
|Amount Per Servings|
|Total Carbohydrate||20 g|
Greek Salad with Faux Feta is rated out of 5 by 1.
Rated 5 out of 5 by Marlyse from The Faux Feta is delicious! This recipe is really good. I do think the large container is a bit too big to make the cheese though. It was hard to get the cashews small enough. The flavour is wonderful.
Date published: 2020-07-30