This traditional Mexican avocado dip, now an international favorite, combines tomato, onion, and fresh cilantro for zesty flavor. Served with tortilla chips, it makes a quick and easy appetizer for guests.
- 1 tomato, quartered
- ½ cup (20 g) fresh cilantro leaves, chopped
- ¼ cup (40 g) onion, chopped
- 2 Tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon (3 g) salt
- 2 avocados, halved, pitted, peeled
- Place all ingredients into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 3.
- Blend for 15-20 seconds, using the tamper to press the ingredients into the blades.
- You may need to stop the machine and run a spatula around the inside of the container to integrate ingredients.
- Do not over mix. Leave chunky. Serve with tortilla chips.
When doubling recipe, increase avocados to 4 and increase onion to 1/2 cup (80 g). Many people do not like the flavor of Cilantro, it tastes soapy to them. If you have never had cilantro before and are trying it for the first time. Take a leaf and taste it. If it is soapy or you do not like it just leave it out of the recipe.
|Serving Size||2 Tablespoons|
|Amount Per Servings|