Harvest Cheddar Soup
Fall flavors blended together for a simple meal. Try adding a fresh greens salad tossed with our Basic Vinaigrette.
- 2 cups (480 ml) vegetable broth, or chicken broth
- 2 Tablespoons (30 ml) white wine
- ¼ (40 g) medium onion
- ½ (50 g) celery stalk
- 2 (400 g) granny smith apples, cored, halved
- 1 (285 g) medium russet potato, cooked
- ⅛ teaspoon dried thyme
- ⅛ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ⅛ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon salt, optional
- 1 cup (115 g) cheddar cheese, shredded, optional
- Place broth, wine, onion, celery, apples, potatoes, thyme, nutmeg, pepper, and salt into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure the lid.
- Start the blender on its lowest speed, then increase to its highest speed. Blend for 5 minutes and 45 seconds, or until heavy steam escapes the lid. Reduce speed to Variable 3 and remove the lid plug.
- Drop in cheese through the lid plug opening. Blend an additional 10 seconds.
- Garnish with sour cream and diced apples.
- Soup may vary in color depending on the types of apples and cheese that you use.
- Potato should be baked, while the veggies are raw.
- By cooking all ingredients beforehand, you will get a sweeter soup.
- This soup is an apple forward soup with rich sweetness; for a heartier flavor, use 1 apple.
- Season to taste at the end with more spices, herbs, and cheese to make it to your liking.
|Serving Size||1 serving (310 g)|
|Amount Per Servings|
|Total Fat||3.5 g|
|Saturated Fat||2 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||29 g|
|Dietary Fiber||4 g|