Leek, Artichoke and Potato Soup
A flavorful purée with russet potatoes, sprigs of thyme, and our Kale Pesto.
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup (95 g) leek, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 cup (240 ml) vegetable broth
- 2 cups (285 g) artichoke hearts, drained, diced
- 4 ounces (115 g) small russet potatoes, cubed
- 3 sprigs thyme, leaves removed
- 1 cup (240 ml) water
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 3-6 Tablespoons kale pesto
- Heat oil in a medium to large saucepan over medium heat. Add leeks and garlic; sauté for 5 minutes or until leeks are softened and translucent. Add broth, artichokes, potatoes, thyme leaves, and water. Cover and bring to a boil.
- Remove from heat.
- Place mixture into the Vitamix container, add lemon juice, and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 10, then to High.
- Blend for 30 to 40 seconds.
- Serve immediately. Divide into bowls and garnish with 1 Tablespoon of kale pesto.
|Serving Size||1 cup (240 ml)|
|Amount Per Servings|
|Total Fat||9 g|
|Saturated Fat||1.5 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||17 g|
|Dietary Fiber||3 g|
Leek, Artichoke and Potato Soup is rated out of 5 by 2.
Rated 5 out of 5 by Lyn50 from Great soup Great recipe. No need to peel potatoes. Amazing flavor. Super easy and healthy. A new favorite
Date published: 2016-12-13
Rated 5 out of 5 by MiMi47 from Pefect! This was so simple and delicious. Amazingly flavorful though no salt or pepper is added. I used basil pest as I had it readily available. set a side some of the potato if you want to add after blending for more texture. Great recipe.
Date published: 2018-02-25