A blissful dessert all on its own, these lemon bars are even better with a Lemon Curd filling.
Lemon Bar Crust
- 2 cups (240 g) all-purpose flour
- 1 cup (290 g) unsalted butter, cut into small pieces, divided use
- ½ cup (100 g) granulated sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C.) For the crust, place 1 cup (120 g) of the flour, 1/2 cup of the butter and 1/4 cup (50g) of the sugar into the Vitamix container and secure lid.
- Select Variable 6. Pulse quickly 5 times. Remove lid, scrape down the sides of the container and around the blades, then replace the lid and pulse 5 additional times.
- Spoon the contents of the Vitamix container into a 13-inch X 9-inch (33 cm X 23 cm) pan.
- Repeat the same process with the remaining flour, butter and sugar.
- Press the flour mixture into the pan evenly and bake for 20 minutes, until just golden brown. Remove pan and place on a wire rack to cool.
Lemon Curd Filling
- ½ cup (120 ml) fresh lemon juice
- 5 large eggs
- 1½ cup (300 g) granulated sugar
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- 3 Tablespoons lemon zest
- ½ cup (115 g) unsalted butter
- To make the filling, make one batch of Vitamix Lemon Curd (see recipe.)
- Add 6 Tablespoons (50g) of flour to the lemon curd. Secure the lid.
- Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 3. Blend for 15 seconds.
- Pour the lemon curd filling onto the hot par-baked crust, and spread into an even layer with an offset spatula.
- Bake at 350°F (175°C) for 18-20 minutes or until filling is set. Remove and place on a wire rack, cooling until room temperature before refrigerating.
Sprinkle with powdered sugar if you desire.
|Serving Size||1 serving (78 g)|
|Amount Per Servings|
|Total Fat||16 g|
|Saturated Fat||9 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||35 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|
Lemon Bars is rated out of 5 by 4.
Rated 3 out of 5 by Kitchengidget from Don't understand directions It calls for half a cup of butter, which you use in the first layer of the crust. Then it calls for the remaining butter, but you used it in the first part.
Date published: 2020-05-20
Rated 3 out of 5 by ccccc from Haven't had yet I see powered sugar in the photo - the directions should include that or at least make mention of it as an option at the end.
Date published: 2019-08-06
Rated 2 out of 5 by Fagan from Step missing Why is butter not listed on ingredients for crust? do you chill then put on top of crust? put o crust then chill all?
Date published: 2017-12-10
Rated 5 out of 5 by DKNY1960 from Butte measurement is off. Great recipe, but the butter measurement should be 227 grams for one cup of butter.
Date published: 2020-08-22