Mango Coconut Sorbet
Dried and frozen mango combine with shredded coconut and lime juice for intense tropical flavor—a sweet yet healthy final course.
- ¾ cup (60 g) unsweetened shredded coconut
- 6 slices (60 g) dried mango
- 1½ cup (360 ml) almond milk
- 1½ teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 3⅔ cup (685 g) frozen mango chunks
- Soak the dried mango in the milk until soft (overnight or one hour in advance).
- Place all ingredients (except 1 tablespoon of coconut), including the soaking milk, into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure the lid.
- Start the blender on its lowest speed, then quickly increase to its highest speed. Blend for 30-45 seconds, using the tamper to press ingredients toward the blades.
- In about 30-60 seconds, the sound of the motor will change and four mounds should form. Stop the machine. Do not over mix or melting will occur. Serve immediately.
|Serving Size||1 serving (131 g)|
|Amount Per Servings|
|Total Fat||4.5 g|
|Saturated Fat||3.5 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||20 g|
|Dietary Fiber||4 g|
Mango Coconut Sorbet is rated out of 5 by 3.
Rated 5 out of 5 by Raul D from Really flavorful This is a great recipe because it doesn't require fresh mangoes--sometimes hard to find ripe. I left out the coconut to get the pure mango flavor. It was soft, so I put it in six little cups and put them in the freezer to firm up. I pulled them out about 1/2 hour before serving so they could soften up a bit from the freezer.
Date published: 2018-12-18
Rated 4 out of 5 by Pennyclh from Great flavour but too soft This is a great recipe for vegan and has really rich mango flavour. The only down side is too soft to be serve as a sorbet.
Date published: 2016-02-05
Rated 5 out of 5 by Lrostome from Delicious mango treat This was super easy to make and a delicious frozen treat. I did not have dried mango on hand, and so only used frozen mangos. my husband loved it and was so impressed the vitamix made this! It was creamy and way more “mango” than a store bought mango ice cream.
Date published: 2019-07-30