Mango Sauce for Chicken
Mango and orange give this sauce a terrific Hawaiian flavor. Garnish chicken with a ring of pineapple for a beautiful presentation.
- 2 (350 g) boneless skinless chicken breasts
- ½ (70 g) green bell pepper, sliced
- 1 Tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- ½ cup (120 ml) low sodium chicken broth, or vegetable stock
- 2 (350 g) mangoes, pitted, peeled, divided use
- 1 medium (140 g) orange, peeled
- 1 (5 g) fresh ginger root, ⅛ inch thick
- Pound chicken breasts to 1/4-inch (.6 cm) thick. Sauté chicken with green peppers in olive oil. Remove saucepan from heat and keep warm.
- To make the sauce, place chicken stock, one mango, orange, and ginger into the Vitamix container and secure the lid.
- Start the blender on its lowest speed, then quickly increase to its highest speed, using the tamper to press ingredients toward the blades.
- Blend for 1 minute or until smooth.
- Pour into a saucepan with the chicken and green pepper. Simmer for 5-8 minutes or until sauce thickens.
- Cube remaining mango, add to sauce and take off heat. Season with your favorite hot sauce, black pepper. Serve over rice.
|Serving Size||1 serving (262 g)|
|Amount Per Servings|
|Total Fat||7 g|
|Saturated Fat||1.5 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||18 g|
|Dietary Fiber||3 g|
Mango Sauce for Chicken is rated out of 5 by 1.
Rated 2 out of 5 by jandjeanninr from Tasted a little bland It tasted like it was missing something. Next time I might use only one mango instead of two, and maybe add some sweet pineapple.
Date published: 2017-07-05