Create your own simple marinara sauce to enjoy with chicken, fish and pasta.
- 1 (100 g) carrot, halved
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil, optional
- 3 garlic cloves
- ½ onions, peeled
- 2 pounds (910 g) tomatoes, quartered
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- Place all ingredients, except bay leaf, into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 5 or 6.
- Blend for 15 seconds or until desired consistency is reached.
- Pour into large saucepan and add the bay leaf. Simmer over low heat for 30 minutes. Stir occasionally.
Serve with fish, broiled chicken or any pasta. Remove the bay leaf and discard. Make this sauce your own by adding chili flake, salt and pepper or fresh herbs after cooking.
|Serving Size||¼ recipe|
|Amount Per Servings|
|Total Fat||2 g|
|Saturated Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||7 g|
|Dietary Fiber||2 g|