Oatmeal Cranberry Pancakes
Whole-grain goodness with the sweet and crunchy surprise of dried cranberries and sunflower seeds. Top off with our fresh fruit syrup for extra flavor!
- 1½ cup (360 ml) milk
- 1 large egg
- 2 Tablespoons light olive oil
- ¾ cup (60 g) rolled oats, uncooked
- 1¼ cup (150 g) whole wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup (25 g) flax meal
- ¼ cup (25 g) dried cranberries
- 2 Tablespoons sunflower seeds
- Place milk, egg, oil and ¼ cup (20 g) rolled oats into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 6.
- Blend for 20 seconds.
- Combine the remaining oats, flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and flax meal in a large bowl, stirring to combine.
- Pour wet mixture into the dry ingredients and mix gently by hand to combine.
- Stir in the dried cranberries and sunflower seeds.
- Allow mixture to set for 10 minutes before cooking.
|Serving Size||1 pancake|
|Amount Per Servings|
|Total Fat||6 g|
|Saturated Fat||1 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||17 g|
|Dietary Fiber||3 g|
Oatmeal Cranberry Pancakes is rated out of 5 by 4.
Rated 5 out of 5 by Joyce01 from Healthy alternative to "regular" pancakes & good! I made these for breakfast today & they were a hit. My family likes pancakes, however, the empty calories are hard for me to justify for our important first meal of the day, so I rarely make them unless I can see some protein benefit (& in this case omega's). Thus, my trial today with this Vitamix recipe that incorporates flax meal, ww flour, almond milk & sunflower seeds. Yay! A healthy alternative. The fruit syrup (recipe also in the Vita book) is fantastic on them. I used 1/2 sugar (vs the 1/2-1 cup suggestion) with fresh strawberries. Yum. What a great way to get some healthy food into your family @ breakfast. The batter is thicker & the consistency of the pancake is softer (inside). Thank-you Vitamix!
Date published: 2016-05-13
Rated 5 out of 5 by FoodArt from Not-so-Guilty Healthy Yum! (& no syrup needed) Explored my brand new, exciting toy with this recipe, but had different ingredients on-hand. Spun about 10 oz. of ginger snaps and measured instead of flour, added to oatmeal; chopped 4 dried apricots instead of cranberries, and folded in with 1/3 cup fresh blueberries at the end. Cook at lower temp, browns more easily, BUT so good with butter, cream or goat cheese and minimal, if any syrup! Thank you Vitamix, my new best friend!
Date published: 2018-02-10
Rated 5 out of 5 by AustinMarius from The foodies pancake! A fantastic alternative to drab pancakes. Incredibly satisfying morning treat and easily modifiable if needed.
Date published: 2017-09-03
Rated 5 out of 5 by CLCG from Best Pancake recipe adaptable to Gluten Free First recipe for pancakes that can be gluten free that are delicious!
Date published: 2016-02-10