Peppermint Hot Chocolate
Peppermint sticks are chopped in the Vitamix machine and then added to a blend of steaming hot chocolate for the perfect fireside beverage.
- 6 peppermint sticks
- 2 cups (480 ml) milk
- ½ cup (90 g) semi-sweet chocolate chips
- ¼ cup (25 g) unsweetened cocoa powder
- whipped cream, for topping
- Place peppermint sticks into the Vitamix container and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 3.
- Blend for 5 seconds or until you reach the desired consistency reserve half for garnish
- Place milk, chocolate and cocoa powder into the Vitamix container and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to highest setting.
- Blend for 5 minutes 30 seconds or until heavy steam escapes the lid plug
- Pour into coffee mugs and garnish with whipped cream and reserved peppermint. Serve immediately.
|Serving Size||1 serving|
|Amount Per Servings|
Peppermint Hot Chocolate is rated out of 5 by 7.
Rated 5 out of 5 by KimV from De-licious! I made this last night for myself and my two children. It was so good I don't think I'll ever go back to pre-packaged hot chocolate again! I did it on the "soup" setting on my Vitamix and it was perfect - not burning hot, which was good for us.
Date published: 2017-11-17
Rated 5 out of 5 by MichelD from Delicious! Minutes to make, so delicious! Made a lactose free version using almond milk and coconut whipped cream. Also uses peppermint candies instead of sticks (estimated 30 candies = 6 sticks).
Date published: 2017-12-17
Rated 5 out of 5 by Eboni from Yummy I followed this recipe, except I didn't blend peppermint sticks. Instead, I poured the hot chocolate over a had full of mini peppermint flavored marshmallows, stirred it up in my daughter's mug, and it was absolutely delicious!
Date published: 2018-11-16
Rated 5 out of 5 by Loralue from Fantastic Been making this a couple nights a week as dessert since getting my vitamix a month ago. Favorite recipe so far!
Date published: 2018-11-09
Rated 5 out of 5 by PQPantrySan from Delicious! Made this Christmas Day using candy canes. A hit with the family. Super easy, rich and delicious
Date published: 2017-12-28
Rated 2 out of 5 by Gwyni from Hemp Milk/organic Cocoa Powder I substituted with Hemp Milk and organic Cocoa Powder and organic chocolate raspberry bar pieces. Way too thick and extremely bitter. Adding double stevia and maple syrup was not enough sweeter. If you need to sub for diet reasons; increase milk to 3cups and decrease chocolate by 3x...adjust for sweetness
Date published: 2017-12-31
Rated 5 out of 5 by FranandOllie from Amazing and better than a coffee shop!! Not a huge fan of peppermint, but decided to try without and make keto-friendly. It is superb! Used 1 cup heavy whipping cream, 1 cup unsweetened macadamia nut milk, ½ cup Lily’s Chocolate Chips. Super easy and delicious. A new favorite from my Vitamix!
Date published: 2018-12-25