Pineapple adds a burst of color and flavor to this salsa. You can serve it hot or mild with blue corn chips, or as a topping on grilled fish.
- 2 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, optional
- ½ (475 g) pineapple, peeled, cut into large chunks
- ½ (60 g) small white onion, peeled, halved
- ½ (75 g) red bell pepper, seeded, cut into large chunks
- 2 Tablespoons fresh cilantro leaves, packed
- ½ lime, peeled
- 1 (15 g) small jalapeño, seeded if desired
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt, optional
- With a peeler or paring knife, remove the peel and white pith from the lime, leaving just the flesh. Place all ingredients into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure lid.
- Start the blender on its lowest speed, then slowly increase to Variable 5.
- Blend for 15-20 seconds, using the tamper to press ingredients toward the blades.
- If a chunkier salsa is desired, use the Pulse feature until ingredients are chopped to your desired consistency.
- Remove seeds and membrane of the jalapeño for a milder salsa. You may also substitute fresh mint for fresh cilantro.
|Serving Size||1 serving (69 g)|
|Amount Per Servings|
|Total Fat||3 g|
|Saturated Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||7 g|
|Dietary Fiber||0 g|
Pineapple Salsa is rated out of 5 by 5.
Rated 5 out of 5 by Rico from Pineapple salsa Followed directions, does not come out chunky. Next time, I will use the pulse switch to get chunky salsa. Overall flavor is great.
Date published: 2021-02-15
Rated 5 out of 5 by Anonymous from Excellent Flavor Very nice alternative to the red/green salsas we are all used to. You can taste all the ingredients in every bite.
Date published: 2020-10-28
Rated 3 out of 5 by Lab Geek from Easy to make Tasted good but don't use frozen pineapple, made the recipe too soggy. I prefer pico salsa
Date published: 2021-05-10
Rated 5 out of 5 by KatherineD from AWESOME & EASY Loved this shwarma. Like another reviewer, It came out a little too fine, so next time I will only pulse. Also I found the white onion a bit overwhelming, so I will try scallions next time.
Date published: 2021-05-07
Rated 5 out of 5 by Crazyhorse from Simple and Tastes Great I alter this some. I use purple onion, and add orange and yellow bell peppers too for more color. I cook brisket for summer camp, but everyone raves about the pineapple salsa. i make 2 versions. one with the jalapeno and one without. also, use way more cilantro.
Date published: 2021-06-16