Poppy Seed Dressing
Apple cider vinegar gives this oil-free dressing a signature sweet-and-sour flavor.
- 1 cup (240 ml) cold water
- ⅓ cup (80 ml) apple cider vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon onion, peeled, diced
- ¾ cup (150 g) granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon (3 g) salt
- 2 Tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 Tablespoon poppy seeds
- Place all ingredients into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 10, then to High.
- Blend for 1 minute, then reduce speed to Variable 3. Remove the lid plug.
- Add poppy seeds through the lid plug opening. Continue to blend for 5 more seconds.
- Pour into one-quart microwaveable bowl. Cook for 2 minutes on High. Whisk to keep mixture smooth.
- Microwave an additional 2 minutes.
Refrigerate in an airtight container.
|Serving Size||2 Tablespoons (30 ml)|
|Amount Per Servings|
|Total Fat||0 g|
|Saturated Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||15 g|
|Dietary Fiber||0 g|
Poppy Seed Dressing is rated out of 5 by 5.
Rated 5 out of 5 by LLD1 from Wonderful dressing! and sooo easy to make!! Love making this dressing fresh at home with my Vitamix! I appreciate all your recipes! Keep sending them please! especially easy ones like this one :)
Date published: 2019-07-24
Rated 4 out of 5 by The Casual Gourmet from Tasty, easy I like it. Would add more mustard next time. Nice to have a home made dressing that doesn't separate.
Date published: 2019-07-25
Rated 4 out of 5 by Suzanne R from Excellent Poppyseed Salad Dressing! Very easy to prepare, and very good. But, WAY too much sugar!
Date published: 2019-10-04
Rated 1 out of 5 by Fat Jack from Huh? What? Which is it? do I put in all the ingredients in at step 1 or all but the poppy seeds as indicaed in Step 5? Please, can't you post the correct instructions It looks like a good recipe, but if the instructions are wrong, I can't figure it out.
Date published: 2018-01-22
Rated 5 out of 5 by Lili P from Love I love poppy seed dressing. I am excited that I can make it fresh in my vitamix anytime I need it!!
Date published: 2018-05-21