This dough makes a quick and easy base for your favorite quiche recipes.
- ¼ cup (55 g) Butter, softened
- ⅓ cup (70 g) fat free cottage cheese
- 1 large egg
- 1½ cup (200 g) spelt flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 dash salt
- Place butter, cottage cheese and egg into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 10, then to High.
- Blend for 15 seconds.
- Combine flour, baking powder, cream of tartar and salt in a bowl.
- Place half of the flour mix into the Vitamix container and secure lid.
- Select Variable 5. Turn machine on and off to pulse 5 to 7 times to incorporate. Stop and scrape the sides of the container. Add the rest of the flour to the container and repeat the process, using tamper to press the ingredients into the blades.
- Remove the dough, place in saran wrap and wrap tightly. Place in refrigerator for about an hour. Pull and press into a 9 inch pie pan.
|Serving Size||1 Serving|
|Amount Per Servings|