Roasted Red Pepper Alfredo
This spicy alfredo is made with soft tofu, and offers an unexpected variety to traditional fettuccine.
- ¾ cup (160 g) soft tofu
- ¾ cup (180 g) fat free cottage cheese
- 2 cups (400 g) roasted red peppers, seeded
- 2 Tablespoons (30 g) reduced fat cream cheese
- 1 small garlic clove
- 3 Tablespoons (15 g) soy parmesan, or parmesan cheese
- 2 Tablespoons (30 g) romano cheese grated
- 2 Tablespoons (30 g) butter
- ½ teaspoon ground white pepper
- Place all ingredients into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure the lid.
- Start the blender on its lowest speed, then quickly increase to its highest speed, using the tamper to press ingredients toward the blades.
- Blend for 6 minutes until heavy steam escapes from the vented lid.
- Serve over hot, cooked fettuccine.
|Serving Size||1 serving (50 g)|
|Amount Per Servings|
Roasted Red Pepper Alfredo is rated out of 5 by 4.
Rated 5 out of 5 by ElizabethGG from An absolute keeper!! Followed the directions exactly but substituted the romano and parmesan cheese with plant based options.
Date published: 2017-10-12
Rated 5 out of 5 by manderj from oh so good. This is awkwardly delicious. I omitted the tofu (because who has that sitting around?) and just used homemade ricotta instead. I also doubled the amount of roasted red peppers, since that's the whole point, and added a dash of cayenne. Awesome over pasta, but also as a dipping sauce for roasted veg, with broth added for a creamy soup, or chilled as a toast-spread. Or sipped straight.
Date published: 2017-01-13
Rated 5 out of 5 by CanadianMe from Easy vegan switch I omitted the cheeses except I added in vegan cream cheese, some fresh jalapeño and olives too, a big splash of wine fine tunes all the flavours.
Date published: 2020-01-22
Rated 5 out of 5 by Kimseth from Like eating candy! This is my husband's favorite Vitamin recipe so far! It is so tasty, as well as easy to make.
Date published: 2017-10-23