Roasted Red Pepper Alfredo
This spicy alfredo is made with soft tofu, and offers an unexpected variety to traditional fettuccine.
- ¾ cup (160 g) silken tofu
- ¾ cup (170 g) fat free cottage cheese
- 2 Tablespoons reduced fat cream cheese
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- 3 Tablespoons (15 g) grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 Tablespoons grated Romano cheese
- 2 Tablespoons light butter spread
- ¼ teaspoon white pepper
- 2 cups (400 g) roasted red peppers
- Place all ingredients into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 10, then to High.
- Blend for 3-4 minutes or until heavy steam escapes from the vented lid.
- Serve over hot, cooked fettuccine.
|Serving Size||¼ cup (60 ml)|
|Amount Per Servings|
|Total Fat||1 g|
|Saturated Fat||1 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||2 g|
|Dietary Fiber||0 g|
Roasted Red Pepper Alfredo is rated out of 5 by 3.
Rated 5 out of 5 by manderj from oh so good. This is awkwardly delicious. I omitted the tofu (because who has that sitting around?) and just used homemade ricotta instead. I also doubled the amount of roasted red peppers, since that's the whole point, and added a dash of cayenne. Awesome over pasta, but also as a dipping sauce for roasted veg, with broth added for a creamy soup, or chilled as a toast-spread. Or sipped straight.
Date published: 2017-01-13
Rated 5 out of 5 by ElizabethGG from An absolute keeper!! Followed the directions exactly but substituted the romano and parmesan cheese with plant based options.
Date published: 2017-10-12
Rated 5 out of 5 by Kimseth from Like eating candy! This is my husband's favorite Vitamin recipe so far! It is so tasty, as well as easy to make.
Date published: 2017-10-23