Unlike traditional salsa verde, this recipe is made with parsley, basil, garlic, capers, and olive oil, but it’s just as delicious as the Mexican original.
- 2 bread slices
- ¼ cup (60 ml) red wine vinegar
- 2 cups (120 g) Italian flat leaf parsley
- 1 cup (240 ml) extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons (20 g) caper berries
- 2 Tablespoons (15 g) pine nuts
- 20 green olives, pitted
- 4 anchovy
- 2 small garlic cloves
- 2 hard boiled egg yolks
- Tear bread into pieces, place into the Vitamix container and secure lid.
- Select Variable 6.
- Pulse 5 times. Measure out 2/3 cup (30 g) and place into the Vitamix container. Place the rest in a sealed container; store in a cool, dry place.
- Place remaining ingredients into the Vitamix container and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Start the machine and slowly increase speed to Variable 7.
- Blend for 10 seconds. Stop and scrape down sides. Blend an additional 10 seconds to obtain desired consistency.
|Serving Size||2 Tablespoons (1 serving)|
|Amount Per Servings|
|Total Fat||13 g|
|Saturated Fat||2 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||2 g|
|Dietary Fiber||0 g|