Sun-dried Tomato Hummus
The perfect accompaniment to chopped veggies or whole wheat crackers, this hummus uses sun dried tomatoes, garlic, and fresh rosemary for a robust flavor.
- 15 ounces (425 g) tinned garbanzo beans, with liquid
- 2 Tablespoons sesame seeds
- 2½ ounce (70 g) sun-dried tomatoes
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 Tablespoon fresh rosemary leaves
- ⅛ teaspoon sea salt
- Place chickpeas with liquid, sesame seeds, sun-dried tomatoes, lemon juice, oil, garlic, and rosemary into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn machine on and slowly increase to the highest speed.
- Blend for 45 seconds, using the tamper to push the ingredients into the blades.
- Season to taste with sea salt, if desired.
|Serving Size||2 Tablespoons|
|Amount Per Servings|
Sun-dried Tomato Hummus is rated out of 5 by 3.
Rated 5 out of 5 by Hawaii David from Absolutely Delicious I just made this recipe. I used sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil rather than dried tomatoes after getting the answer to my question in the questions section. I held back some of the juice from the can of garbanzo beans and added it until I got the consistency that I wanted. I was excited to make this because I used to buy sun-dried tomato humus at Trader Joes. This is so much better.
Date published: 2016-08-10
Rated 4 out of 5 by Alana from So smooth! I bought my Vitamix about 3 weeks ago and wanted to try this recipe. It was good, but I increased the garlic, lemon juice and salt to my taste. Blended perfectly!
Date published: 2017-12-12
Rated 3 out of 5 by dejadru from Just ok I wanted to really like this--two of my favourite tastes together. To me it came out very salty. I will go back to the Vitamix plain hummus recipe
Date published: 2017-10-29