Made with stewed tomatillos, scallions, and jalapeño, this authentic, Mexican salsa verde has fabulous flavor. Use it to top chicken enchiladas, or serve it with tortilla chips.
- 8 tomatillos, peeled, stewed
- 2 green onions, diced
- ¼ jalapeño
- ½ garlic clove
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- ½ cup (20 g) fresh cilantro leaves, chopped
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Place all ingredients into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 7.
- Blend for 15 seconds or just until chopped. If necessary, use tamper to push the ingredients into the blades while processing.
- Do not over mix. Serve as a dip or as an accompaniment.
|Serving Size||¼ cup (60 ml)|
|Amount Per Servings|
|Total Fat||0 g|
|Saturated Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||2 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|
Tomatillo Salsa is rated out of 5 by 2.
Rated 4 out of 5 by Pcarolyns from Delicious but not chunky If you're looking for a tangy salsa verde sauce that would go great on rice, fish, etc., then this is it. It also is a great additional sauce to add on top of nachos. It's not, however, a chunky salsa like in the picture shown. Fifteen seconds is too long in the Vitamix for a chunky result (or perhaps I stewed the tomatillos too long?). I do happen to like resulting smooth sauce, however, so I'm quite pleased.
Date published: 2015-12-22
Rated 5 out of 5 by cno75 from Perfect This recipe worked great for me, although I didn't have any scallions so I used a cippolini onion instead. I deliberately blended mine long enough to have a more liquidy salsa like we usually get from the taqueria; we use it for sauce on our tacos, tamales, etc. Thanks!
Date published: 2016-08-15