Winter Greens with Roasted Vegetable Vinaigrette
Drizzle this vinaigrette, made from an assortment of freshly roasted vegetables, atop of bed of greens garnished with onion slices, blue cheese and pine nuts.
Winter Greens with Roasted Vegetable Vinaigrette / Greens
- 1½ cup (180 ml) baby frisée, torn
- 1½ cup (60 g) radicchio, torn
- 1½ cup (30 g) arugula, torn
- 1½ cup (60 g) spinach
- 18 spears Belgian endive
- 12 red onion, halved, grilled
- ¾ cup (90 g) crumbled blue cheese
- 6 Tablespoons (50 g) toasted pine nuts
- Wash and dry frisée, radicchio, arugula, and spinach. Place in a bowl and toss together.
- Arrange the endive spears on a chilled platter or plates and top with the frisée mix. Garnish with the grilled onion slices, blue cheese, and the pine nuts.
Winter Greens with Roasted Vegetable Vinaigrette / Vinaigrette
- ¾ cup (50 g) leeks, chopped
- ⅔ cup (100 g) mixed bell peppers, stemmed, seeded, diced
- ⅔ cup (100 g) onions, peeled, diced
- ⅔ cup (75 g) celery, diced
- ½ cup (60 g) carrots, halved
- ½ cup (60 g) zucchini, diced
- ½ cup (60 g) yellow squash, diced
- ¼ cup (44 g) tomatoes, diced
- 5 Tablespoons olive oil
- vegetable broth, as needed
- 1 Tablespoon Dijon-style mustard
- 1½ teaspoon whole black peppercorns
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- ¼ teaspoon salt, optional
- 3 Tablespoons fresh herbs, chopped
- To make the vinaigrette, preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Toss vegetables in extra-virgin olive-oil, place on a baking sheet and roast in the oven until tender, 45-60 minutes.
- Transfer the warm vegetables to the Vitamix container and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 10, then High.
- Blend for 1 minute, or until liquified. The vegetables should yield 9 fluid ounces (270 milliliters) of roasted vegetable purée liquid. If they do not, add enough vegetable broth to equal 9 fluid ounces (270 milliliters).
- Add the remaining ingredients, except the herbs, to the Vitamix container and purée to evenly incorporate. Thin the consistency of the vinaigrette with vegetable broth, if necessary.
- Stir the herbs into the vinaigrette.
- Drizzle the warm dressing over the salad platter.
Chef's Tip: Combine the vinaigrette with leftover pasta, rice, or potatoes for a quick-to-prepare side dish.
|Serving Size||1 serving|
|Amount Per Servings|