This soup uses the whole fish, including the bones. The Vitamix® blender pulverizes the bones to create a smooth soup.
- 1 (320 g) crucian, or carp or other white fish, dressed
- 1 piece (10 g) fresh ginger root, peeled
- 1 teaspoon (3 g) salt
- 2 teaspoons Aji Mirin
- 1 green onion, white parts only
- 2 teaspoons rice wine vinegar
- 1⅔ cup (400 ml) hot water
- 1 cup (60 g) white radish, cubed
- Prepare a bamboo steam basket. Place the crucian, slices of ginger, and white radish into the steamer. Steam on high heat for 15 minutes or until done.
- Add the crucian, radish, mirin, spring onion, vinegar, salt, and water to the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure the lid.
- Select Variable 1, start the machine and slowly increase to its highest speed. Blend for 3 minutes.
Blending for 3 minutes ensures that the fish bones are pulverized.
|Serving Size||1 cup (240 ml)|
|Amount Per Servings|