This makes a great side to roasted pork for the holidays. Be sure to use an apple that is meant for baking, and not eating raw.
- 2 pounds (900 g) apples
- 1 Tablespoon extra virgin olive oil, optional
- 2 Tablespoons brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon salt, optional
- Preheat the oven to 425°F (220°C).
- Core the apples, and toss with oil, cinnamon, sugar and salt.
- Place in a baking dish, and bake for 25 to 30 minutes, or until soft.
- Add the warm apples to the Vitamix container and secure the lid.
- Select variable 1 and start the machine. Quickly speed up to Variable 10 and blend for 30 seconds. Stop the machine.
- Serve warm.
|Serving Size||¼ cup (60 ml)|
|Amount Per Servings|
Mashed Apples is rated out of 5 by 1.
Rated 5 out of 5 by SheilaH from Better than applesauce I almost chose a different oil, but olive oil went with well when served with roast beef and mashed potatoes. The aromatic spices enhanced everything. Much easier than stove top stirring, and the roasting gave it a toasty, apple pie flavor without all of the sugar.
Date published: 2019-09-29