This delicious, easy-to-make Taiwanese oatmeal cake is steamed, giving it a glutinous texture.
- 1 cup (155 g) rolled oats
- 1½ cup (360 ml) water, or vegetable stock
- 1 cup (150 g) lotus root powder
- 1 cup (210 g) brown sugar, packed
- Soak the dry oats in water (375 ml) for 3 to 4 hours.
- Drain the oats. Add all ingredients to the Vitamix container in the order listed andsecure the lid.
- Select Variable 1, start the machine, and slowly increase to its highest speed.
- Blend for 2 minutes. The container should feel warm to the touch.
- Use a spatula to scrape the sides of the container and pour the mixture into the innerpot of a steam cooker.
- Shake off the surface bubbles, then sprinkle with nuts or raisins.
- Add 2 to 3 cups of water into the outer pot and steam for approximately 15 to 20minutes, or until set. Serve the cake after it has cooled.