A simple batter becomes a savory meal with the addition of seafood and vegetables.
For the Batter
- 2 cups (240 g) whole wheat flour
- 1 cup (65 g) sweet rice flour
- 1 Tablespoon baking powder
- 3 large eggs, or egg substitute
- 4 cups (960 ml) water
- ¼ cup (60 ml) vegetable oil
- Place flours and baking powder into bowl. Stir to incorporate. Set aside.
- Place eggs, vegetable oil and water into the Vitamix container and secure the lid. Start machine and slowly increase speed to Variable 7. Blend for 20 seconds.
- Add the mixed flour to the Vitamix container. For the 64oz container, select Variable 5(Variable 7 for the 48oz container) and pulse 6-8 times to incorporate the flour. Stop,remove the lid and scrape the sides of the container. Secure the lid again and pulse on the same Variable an additional 3-4 times.
For the Pancake
- 1 Tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 Tablespoons green onion, chopped
- 2 Tablespoons shiitake mushrooms, sliced
- 2 Tablespoons snow crab
- 2 Tablespoons calamari, cleaned
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit (200 Celsius)
- Heat an oven proof non-stick skillet over high heat. Add the sesame oil and continue to heat until it just starts to smoke. Add the green onion, shiitake mushroom, snow crab and calamari and sauté for 35-45 seconds. Pour 4oz (120ml) of pancake batter over top of the sautéed mixture and cook over high heat. Continue to cook for 2-3 minutes until bubbles form on the outside of the pancake moving the batter slightly to make it evenly cooked.
- After 3 minutes, place the entire skillet into the oven for 5-6 minutes to allow the remaining batter to cook through.
- Remove from the oven and flip onto a plate golden brown side up.
Awesome batter recipe that can be used for anything from sweet to savory or seafood, vegetarian, or any other item you'd like.
|Serving Size||1 pancake|
|Amount Per Servings|