Salsa de "queso" vegano
Deliciosa crema de almendras con ingredientes típicos de salsa para nachos. Ideal para servir con papas, brócoli o totopos.
- 2 tazas (480 ml) de agua
- 2 limones amarillos pelados
- 2 tazas (240 g) de pimientos rojos asados o enlatados, pelados y sin semillas
- 1 1/3 tazas (170 g) de almendras naturales o tostadas sin sal
- 2 cucharaditas de cebolla en polvo
- 1/2 taza (60 g) de levadura nutricional
- 1 cucharadita de sal (opcional)
- Con un pelador o cuchillo para pelar, retire la cáscara y la piel blanca del limón, dejando únicamente la pulpa. Vierta todos los ingredientes en el vaso de la Vitamix en el orden indicado y cierre bien la tapa.
- Encienda la licuadora en la velocidad más baja y luego increméntela rápidamente hasta llegar a la máxima, usando la barra presionadora para dirigir los ingredientes hacia las cuchillas.
- Licúe durante 5-6 minutos o hasta que salga vapor a través del orificio de la tapa.
|Tamaño de la porción||1 porción (57 g)|
|Cantidad por porción|
|Grasas saturadas||0 g|
|Fibra dietética||3 g|
Not-So Cheese Sauce is rated out of 5 by 27.
Rated 4 out of 5 by VitamixJunkie from Decent as it. Even better if you modify slightly Pretty good sauce. I don't think the basic sauce as written is gonna pass for real cheese dip anytime soon. However, I still think it's tasty. One slight addition, I added maybe 3-4 tbps of taco seasoning to the sauce and it really made it better. We were dipping tortilla chips in it and most people said they wouldn't have known it was cheese-less unless I told them. They would have only thought it was bit 'different'. Overall, i'm keeping this recipe. Good stuff.
Date published: 2017-07-10
Rated 5 out of 5 by jumpypup from Surprisingly YUMMY! Wow, I never expected a vegan cheese to be so fulfilling! I made some cauliflower rice, sauteed it in coconut oil with some seasoning and then poured this sauce in. If you're trying to eat whole foods and miss comforts like macaroni and cheese, this will fill that void.
Date published: 2015-12-31
Rated 5 out of 5 by Amanda from Great for vegans! The not-so-cheese recipe is great for vegans. The cheese sauce tastes wonderful and its easy to make. If you are cooking for yourself make sure to use half the recipe.
Date published: 2015-11-09
Rated 4 out of 5 by Ladygamer from Wow! I was surprised at how yummy this 'cheese' sauce turned out! I did change it up a bit, though. Instead of 2 C water, I used 1 C water & 1 C soymilk. I also cut down the lemon juice, but just ever so slightly! I must add how much I love my Vitamix. It is a wonderful machine and it has made my vegan diet even more fullfilled. Vitamix rocks!
Date published: 2018-02-25
Rated 5 out of 5 by Midwest from As close to Mac and Cheese as you can get My husband puts cheese on everything. I have tried so many non-cheese cheese recipes that were horrible that I almost ignored this one. I am glad I took the time to try it. It is fantastic and got a thumbs up from my hubby. Now maybe I can get him off cheese and on to non-cheese. I made half the recipe and left out the salt. It is exceptional.
Date published: 2020-07-02
Rated 5 out of 5 by loriennnn from Delicious This is one of the best vegan cheese sauces out there. Use this if you'd like to wean your kids off of dairy!
Date published: 2016-07-13
Rated 5 out of 5 by Midwest from Exceptional Recipe I have tried way to many of these non-cheese cheese recipes. This is the first one that is worth making again and again. Great taste, works well alone or added to other dishes.
Date published: 2020-07-10
Rated 4 out of 5 by SuzieWindsor from Great sauce I modified this with leaving out the pimentos, reducing it to 1 tsp of salt and only 1 cup of water. I also blanched the almonds. It was incredible!
Date published: 2018-01-04