This classic sandwich spread contains just one ingredient--peanuts! Blend longer to get the creaminess you desire. 2 to 3 minutes at high speed and that should create a very smooth consistency with no texture.
- 590 g (4 cups) unsalted peanuts, roasted
- Pour nuts into the Vitamix container and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 10, then to High, using the tamper to push the ingredients into the blades.
- In 1 minute, you will hear a high pitched chugging sound. Once the butter begins to flow freely through the blades, the motor sound will change from a high pitch to a low labouring sound. Stop machine.
- Store in an airtight container. It can also be frozen for longer storage.
Caution: Over processing will cause overheating to your machine. Do not process for more than 1 minute after mixture starts circulating freely. For recipe variation, see Cashew Nut Butter and Almond Butter recipes. Blend longer to get the creaminess you desire. 2 to 3 minutes should work well
|Serving Size||30 ml (2 Tablespoons)|
|Amount Per Servings|
|Total Fat||16 g|
|Saturated Fat||2 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||7 g|
|Dietary Fiber||3 g|