Delicious and aromatic, this classic soup is comforting enough for family yet elegant enough for company. Use sundried tomatoes for a more intense tomato flavor.
- 500 ml (2 cups) water
- 1 420g can (1 14½-ounce can ) whole peeled tomatoes
- 1 Roma tomato
- 1 garlic clove garlic
- 1 vegetable bouillon cube
- 3 g (1 teaspoon) salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 Tablespoon fresh basil leaves, chopped
- ½ 120g can (½ 5-ounce can) garbanzo beans, drained, (optional)
- Place water, peeled tomatoes, Roma tomato, garlic, bouillon cube, salt, pepper, and basil into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure the lid.
- Select Variable 1 or the Hot Soups program (if available).
- Start the machine, slowly increase to the highest speed, and blend for 5 minutes 45 seconds; or start the machine and allow the Hot Soups program to complete. Stop the machine.
- Select Variable 1. Start the machine and remove the lid plug. Add garbanzo beans to the container and blend for 15 seconds.
Bright IdeaFor a thinner soup, add another cup of water.If the soup taste like fresh vegetables you can simmer over the open stove to intensify the flave and give it the traditional cooked taste.
|Serving Size||240 ml (1 cup)|
|Amount Per Servings|
Due to inactivity, your session has timed out and is no longer active.Reload the page