Delicious and aromatic, this classic soup is comforting enough for family yet elegant enough for company. Use sundried tomatoes for a more intense tomato flavor.
- 480 ml (2 cups) vegetable stock
- 420 g (1 can) plum tomatoes
- 170 g (1 ) Roma tomato
- 1 garlic clove
- 5 fresh basil leaves
- 75 g (½ cup) garbanzo beans, optional, cooked, rinsed
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Place all ingredients into the Vitamix container in the order listed except chickpeas and secure the lid.
- Start the blender on its lowest speed, then quickly increase to its highest speed.
- Blend for 6 minutes or until heavy steam escapes from the vented lid. Reduce speed to variable 3. Remove plug and add the chickpeas. Blend an additional 15 seconds. Serve immediately.
Add tomato paste, or sun-dried tomatoes to this soup to add richness. Spice this soup up with chili flake. Adding beans to a recipe adds protein and fiber.
|Serving Size||350 g (1 serving)|
|Amount Per Servings|
Due to inactivity, your session has timed out and is no longer active.Reload the page