A traditional occasion for many brides-to-be, bridal showers can be just as momentous as the wedding day itself. Hosting a bridal shower in your home is both cost-effective, and creates a more intimate gathering for the bride and her guests.
If you’re planning to host a bridal shower, the menu is probably top of mind. Because bridal showers are typically held midday, the spread usually consists of assorted hors d’oeuvres and snacks, slightly more elaborate than the average party fare. Some people choose to offer a light lunch that includes salad, sandwiches, and various side dishes. You can also ask the guest of honour if there are any dishes she’d prefer.
Whether you’re entertaining a handful or a houseful of guests, the Vitamix machine simplifies food preparation so you can easily create flavourful starters, desserts, and beverages worthy of an upscale caterer.
With these Vitamix recipes, you can chop, mix, and purée your way to a memorable bridal shower:
- Chicken Paté - This paté is the perfect accompaniment to crackers and also makes a great sandwich or wrap filling.
- Fruity Avocado Salsa - A vibrant blend of fruits and vegetables that pairs wonderfully with whole grain tortilla chips.
- Dark Chocolate Raspberry Fondue - Perfect for dipping fresh fruit, marshmallows, pretzels, and much more.
- Fresh Fruit Punch - A sweet and refreshing punch made from fresh fruit and club soda, perfect for parties and showers.
- Bellini - Toast to the bride with this classic champagne cocktail.
- Champagne "Rose" Bonbon - Add a little more sophistication to your champagne flute with the combination of lychees, fresh raspberries, and St. Germain.
- Gluten-Free Macaroons - A favourite dessert delicacy, this recipe is void of gluten, making it the perfect addition to a party spread.