These crunchy almond cookies are mixed entirely in the Vitamix machine, making them a simple, go-to recipe for the holidays or throughout the year.
- 110 g (½ cup) light butter spread
- 1 large egg
- 100 g (½ cup) caster sugar
- 15 ml (1 Tablespoon) milk
- ½ teaspoon almond extract
- 95 g (¾ cup) plain flour
- 90 g (¾ cup) whole wheat flour
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 50 g (½ cup) flaked almonds
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Place butter spread, egg, sugar, milk and almond extract into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Start machine and slowly increase speed to Variable 3 and blend for 15 seconds untilthe ingredients are creamed, then stop machine.Remove lid and add flours, baking soda, salt and almonds. Secure lid.Start machine and slowly increase to Variable 4, blending for 15 - 20 seconds usingthe tamper to press the ingredients into the blade, if necessary.Drop by teaspoons onto a parchment-lined cookie sheet.Bake 12 - 15 minutes or until golden brown.
|Serving Size||1 Cookie|
|Amount Per Servings|