Homemade almond milk is free of preservatives and can be used for cooking, baking, pouring over cereal, or adding to coffee.
- 720 ml (3 cups) water
- 140 g (1 cup) raw almonds, soaked overnight
- 2 dates, pitted
- Place all ingredients into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Start the blender and increase to its highest speed.
- Blend for 40 seconds or until desired consistency is reached.
- Store in refrigerator. Shake well before using.
Soak almonds in cold water for 4 hours or overnight. Dates were used to sweeten the milk, but feel free to try honey or other sweeteners instead. To make vanilla almond milk, use vanilla extract or vanilla bean. Add ¼ cup (125 g) sesame seeds for added calcium.
|Serving Size||214 g (1 serving)|
|Amount Per Servings|