This simple technique delivers maximum nutrition with very little effort. For the best flavor, combine two or more apple varieties.
- 4 apples, seeded, cored, quartered
- 60 ml (¼ cup) cold water
- 2 double layer cheese cloths
- Place water and apples into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 10, then to High.
- Blend for 45 seconds, using the tamper to push apples into the blades until puréed.
- If desired, transfer purée to a bowl lined with cheesecloth set atop a bowl and twist until juice is extracted.
- Allow to strain about 10 minutes.
For the best flavor, combine two or more apple varieties. Fiber is removed when filtering through cheesecloth. To create a thinner juice with the fiber intact blend with 3 cups of water, this will lessen the intensity of the apple flavor but increase the fiber intake.
|Serving Size||368 g (2 Other)|
|Amount Per Servings|
|Total Fat||0 g|
|Saturated Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||35 g (13%DV)|
|Dietary Fiber||6 g (21%DV)|
|Calcium Percent||19 mg (2%DV)|