Asian Buffalo Sauce
Classic Asian flavors are brightened up with the addition of a whole orange—including a bit of the peel—and fresh ginger, making this a tasty twist on buffalo sauce.
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 Large orange, peeled, halved
- 1 Tablespoon fresh ginger root
- 2 Tablespoons honey, or sugar
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2.5 cm (1 inch) orange peel
- 60 ml (¼ cup) soya sauce
- Place all ingredients into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 10, then to High.
- Blend for 45 seconds until smooth, using the tamper to press the ingredients into the blades.
For serving: Toss cooked wings in sauce. This is a low fat twist on traditional Buffalo wing sauce. You can also serve it with grilled ribs, chicken, or tofu.
|Serving Size||60 ml (0.25 cups)|
|Amount Per Servings|
|Total Fat||1 g|
|Saturated Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||7 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|