Black Bean Soup
A hearty black and garbanzo bean soup with the full flavour of assorted peppers, jalapeño, spring onions, and garlic.
- 720 ml (3 cups) low sodium vegetable stock
- 390 g (1½ cup) black beans, canned,drained and rinsed; divided
- 380 g (1½ cup) tinned garbanzo beans, rinsed, drained
- 60 g (½ small) onion, sauteed, chopped
- 3 medium garlic cloves, roasted
- 45 ml (3 Tablespoons) lime juice
- 1 jalapeño, halved, seeded
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 45 g (½ cup) red pepper, chopped
- Place stock, 155 g (¾ cup) beans, garbanzo beans, onion, garlic, lime juice, jalapeño pepper, and seasonings into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure lid.
- Select the Hot Soups program, or Variable 1.
- Turn machine on and allow the machine to complete the programmed setting, or slowly increase speed to High and blend for 6-7 minutes or until heavy steam escapes from the vented lid.
- Reduce speed to Variable 4 and remove the lid plug. Add peppers and reserved 155 g (¾ cup) beans through the lid plug opening.
- Blend for additional 10 seconds. Serve immediately.
Jalapeño may be omitted if you do not want any spice in your soup. Try adding roasted corn kernels as a garnish to give some crunch to your soup.
|Serving Size||563 g (1 serving)|
|Amount Per Servings|
|Saturated Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||44 g|
|Dietary Fiber||11 g|