Black Bean Soup
A hearty black and garbanzo bean soup with the full flavour of assorted peppers, jalapeño, spring onions, and garlic.
- 720 ml (3 cups) low sodium vegetable stock
- 315 g (1½ cup) black beans, cooked, rinsed, drained
- 360 g (1½ cup) garbanzo beans, rinsed, drained
- 80 g (½ cup) onion, sautéed
- 3 garlic cloves, roasted
- 3 Tablespoons lime juice
- 1 jalapeño, seeded, quartered
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 35 g (¼ cup) red pepper, stemmed, seeded, diced
- Place stock, 155 g (¾ cup) beans, garbanzo beans, onion, garlic, lime juice, jalapeño pepper, and seasonings into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure lid.
- Select the Hot Soups program, or Variable 1.
- Turn machine on and allow the machine to complete the programmed setting, or slowly increase speed to High and blend for 6-7 minutes or until heavy steam escapes from the vented lid.
- Reduce speed to Variable 4 and remove the lid plug. Add peppers and reserved 155 g (¾ cup) beans through the lid plug opening.
- Blend for additional 10 seconds. Serve immediately.
|Serving Size||240 ml (1 cup)|
|Amount Per Servings|
|Total Fat||1 g|
|Saturated Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||19 g|
|Dietary Fiber||5 g|